Every hearts will fly on the mention of the word Biryani. Where, in this mutton biryani is top of the mountain and it will be the first asked for dish from the menu in any non veg restaurants. We know preparing an authentic restaurant style mutton biryani is not possible without tender and juiciest mutton and a well said recipe. That’s why! An awesome recipe is ahead.
Preparing time: 25mins Cooking time: 1 Hr Serving: 3-4
Onion – 2
Tomato – 3
Mint leaves – 1 hand full
Coriander leaves – 1 hand full
Curd – ¼ cup
Lemon – 1
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 2
Bay leaf – 1
Cardamom – 3
Rice – 1 ½ cup
Mutton – 750gms
Green Chilli – 4
Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
Ghee – 2 ½ Tbsp
Chilli powder – 3 Tsp
Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
Turmeric powder – 2 Tsp
Garam masala – 1 Tsp
Let’s prepare the mutton to dive into the masala:
- Wash the mutton thrice or as much as you need with lemon or turmeric.
- Drain the water and marinate the mutton with curd, salt, pepper, chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Cook the marinated mutton for 4-5 whistles in the pressure cooker and keep it aside.
For the Biryani:
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30mins
- First heat the pan, add the ghee and spices, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Next, add chopped onion sauté until its brown and add ginger garlic paste, green chilli. Cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add Tomatoes and add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and turmeric powder. Give it a good mix
- Then add coriander and mint leaves.
- Add the cooked mutton in the masala mixture and add the remaining curd and salt as required.
- Time to add the soaked rice and mix it with the masala
- Add 3 cups of water. close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Mix the cooked biryani carefully without breaking the rice.
- Plate it to show off, the delicious and hot biryani with raita that is all cooked.
Yumm, ain’t it? If your heart is flying now, grab the fresh mutton now and cook this mouth-watering biryani. Feel the aroma and fill your stomach.